Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Review: Some of the Best of Tor.com 2021

Some of the Best of Tor.com 2021 Some of the Best of Tor.com 2021 by Ruoxi Chen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Tor.com annual anthologies of short stories are some of my favorites to read because they often include authors that I love.  The 2021 edition included stories by Annalee Newitz, #selfcare, and Catherynne M. Valente, L'espirit De L'escalier, that were excellent.  While they might be available somewhere else, I might not have seen them if they hadn't been included here.  On the surface of #selfcare, it seems to be about the beauty industry and influencers but there is something witchy afoot!  L'espirit De L'escalier is a new take on the Greek myth of Orpheus set in modern times.  Orpheus is a rock star used to having what he wants.  He learns the hard way that you can't always get what you want.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment