Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: In Pieces

In Pieces In Pieces by Sally Field
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to In Pieces written and narrated by Sally Field.  It is hard to think of this as a memoir because it has a very literary feel.  Listening to Sally read it, she imbues the book with such emotion you can't help but be drawn in.  I just finished watching Dispatches from Elsewhere which Sally is in. It reminded me how much I have loved watching her in whatever vehicle she is in and inspired me to get this audiobook.  

I realized that while I have watched nearly everything she has been in, I knew next to nothing about her actual life.  She is shockingly candid.  If you thought someone who could play Gidget and the Flying Nun so convincingly must be squeaky clean, you thought wrong.  Surprise!  Sally Field is a complex person who has experienced abuse, swears like a sailor, and has had anger issues.  She experienced more than her fair share of toxic relationships.  I'm not sure why I was so surprised.  She is human after all.  

If you enjoy Sally Field's acting, get this book and get to know the person behind all those characters. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment