Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told The Greatest Love Story Ever Told by Megan Mullally
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't often say that I think an audiobook is better than the actual book, but I think The Greatest Love Story Ever Told written and read by Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman is a worthy exception.  I loved it!  I loved it so much!  I'm also not supposed to tell you this, but there is a special surprise if you listen to the audiobook.  That's all I'm going to say.  

Nick Offerman grew up less than 30 mins away from me.  Or maybe I should say I grew up less than 30 mins away from him?  Hearing him talk about his family is like going back to my youth.  Mostly, it reminds me of high school sports away games in Channahon and Minooka.  Shout out to the Wilmington Wildcats!  But this is not Nick's story alone.  Megan's story is really fascinating.  Her life couldn't be more far removed from my own, and yet, I find her so relatable and accessible.  You can't help but be glad these two found each other and many years later wrote a book about it.

Bonus points for all the puzzle and animal love, two things so near and dear to my heart.  Buddy's story is just about the best thing ever.   

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment