Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: The Music Shop

The Music Shop The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to The Music Shop written by Rachel Joyce and read by Steven Hartley.  It was a little hard for me to get into at first.  I think that was a downside to not reading it for me.  I absorb material better visually.  Once I did start to get into the story though, I could hardly turn it off.  I enjoyed all the music trivia, and the idea of finding the perfect song or album for a person at the moment they need it.  As someone with an extensive vinyl collection (and really resistant to move on to other mediums), I can appreciate Frank's stubborn loyalty to vinyl.  The story brings up a lot of emotions.  Be ready for that.  You may also want to pair this with some music, perhaps the music mentioned in the book, for full effect.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment