Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Review: The Vatican Games

The Vatican Games The Vatican Games by Alejandra Guibert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Vatican Games by Alejandra Guibert is another in the line of dystopian fiction novels I seem to be reading during the worst possible year to read dystopian fiction.  But hey, this one doesn't involve a pandemic!  Instead everyone in the world who drinks soda is poisoned. Not the slow poisoning that happens just from drinking sugar water either.  No, this is much more immediate.  Think about that the next time you reach for one.  

One child, Vera, survives against the odds and grows up to work on video games.  That's a character after my own heart.  It's a slow build-up to the real action just a little more than halfway through.  I don't want to give too much away, but people start dying and Vera is determined to find out why at any cost.  

Trigger warning for devout Catholics.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment