Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Review: Firebreak

Firebreak Firebreak by Nicole Kornher-Stace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an advanced reader's copy of Firebreak by Nicole Kornher-Stace from Gallery/Saga Press, and I'm so thankful I did!

I didn't know much about Firebreak going into it.  I don't like to read too much about books before I read them.  Not so much to avoid spoilers as to avoid influencing how I feel about the book.  The QR code on the cover intrigued me.  Puzzle?  Tech?  I'm down.  What Firebreak turned out to be was so much more a book that is totally in my wheelhouse.  Strong, kickass female characters?  Check.  Video games?  Check.  Some sort of mystery?  Check.  Also, not many action thrillers can make me shed a tear.  You don't have to be a video game nerd to enjoy the story although I felt that added a layer to my enjoyment.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment