Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Review: The Last Days of Video

The Last Days of Video The Last Days of Video by Jeremy Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Last Days of Video by Jeremy Hawkins was a walk down memory lane for me.  Younger readers may not remember video stores or even have ever been to one.  I not only remember when they came about but also worked in my small college town's video store/movie theater for four years.  My mom was such a movie buff that she recorded enough movies onto VHS that we could have run our own store out of our house (had that been legal).  Reading this story about an eccentric crew of independent video store employees in their element felt like putting on a comfy sweater.  As they battle to save their store from the Blockbuster and Netflix, it made me feel guilty putting the book down to watch something on streaming although I am probably one of the last people in history to still get DVDs from Netflix.  Trust me, there are just some things you can only get on DVD now.  It's true.  If you love movies, you will also enjoy the many movie references.  Just be better prepared than I was.  I wanted to eat fresh, buttered popcorn the whole time!  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment