Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Review: Last Chance to See

Last Chance to See Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams is a funny and moving trek across the world to see certain species before they go extinct.  If it weren't for his incredible humor, I probably would have been a sobbing puddle of tears before I finished the first chapter.  It's not easy to read about the damage humanity has wrought around the world.  It is heartening to know there are people out there that care enough to dedicate their lives to protecting those that can't protect themselves.  While traipsing around to gather material to tell these important stories, Adams manages to get himself into all sorts of predicaments, some which may be familiar to those who've also traveled to exotic locales.  The only thing I wish my Kindle version had was photos of the animals and the travels.  If you like stories of travel or animals, this is a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment