Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Review: The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer

The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer by Sydney Padua
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer is a graphic novel by Sydney Padua. My only complaint about this was I couldn't adjust the font size on my Kindle, so the footnotes were very difficult to read.  The rest of this is so much fun.  

I knew nothing about Charles Babbage, but I had heard hints about Ada Lovelace's involvement in creating the first computer.  That she was Lord Byron's daughter makes her all the more fascinating because he is an unusual character.  She took her passion in a very different direction but with no less fervor.  While this graphic novel takes liberties with the history, Sydney Padua is very upfront about what is true and what might be embellishment via footnotes throughout.  A very fun way to explore history!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment