Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Review: The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont

The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont by Shawn Levy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont written by Shawn Levy and read by Mike Chamberlain because I could only get the audiobook version through my library.  Fortunately, this is the kind of book that lends itself well to both written and audio formats.

The Chateau Marmont is iconic.  If you've ever read or listened to anything about Hollywood, especially gossip, you have probably heard mention of it.  What is it about this eccentric hotel that attracts so many celebrities?  I'll admit that I wanted to know and that's what drew me to this book.  The hotel has been around since 1929.  Whether you are a fan or old or new Hollywood, there is something in here for you.  The book follows the hotel's history almost chronologically through its various owners, managers, and most famous guests.  What you learn is the thing that draws people to the hotel is how well it can keep a secret.  I found it a delicious read.    


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment