Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Review: Shockaholic

Shockaholic Shockaholic by Carrie Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't help but always want to listen to the audiobook versions of anything by Carrie Fisher. Therefore, I opted to listen to Shockaholic written and read by Carrie Fisher rather than read it. At this point, I've read them all. Not gonna lie. It made me sad that we will never have another book by her. I love so much how she bares it all, beautiful and ugly and doesn't shirk from her mental health and addiction issues. Also, come on, she was the best one to dish on celebrity gossip! Maybe some people are above that, but I'm not. Of course, most of the people she dishes on are long gone and probably not even names some people would recognize. I, however, was a Debbie Reynolds fan long before I knew her connection to Princess Leia. I remember going to see her perform with my mom. She was an incredible performer. The whole business with Eddie Fisher and Elizabeth Taylor was quite the scandal. How dare they do that to such a treasure? All that aside, give this a listen. We all need a little Carrie Fisher in our lives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment