Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Review: Greek to Me: Adventures of the Comma Queen

Greek to Me: Adventures of the Comma Queen Greek to Me: Adventures of the Comma Queen by Mary Norris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to Greek to Me: Adventures of the Comma Queen written and read by Mary Norris because audiobook was the only version I could get from the library.  On the one hand, it was useful because I learned how to pronounce all these Greek words.  On the other hand, I would have preferred to read it to really absorb the words and their meanings.  If you are an aural learner, the audiobook will be great for you.  

I like language learning.  I've been to Greece.  I've even learned a little Greek from a Greek friend.  For all those reasons, this book really appealed to me.  I liked finding out that even more English words have Greek roots than I realized.  I never knew we all have a seahorse in our brains.  How did I not know that????  I also enjoyed hearing of Mary's travels in Greece.  Greek men haven't changed much between the time she went and the time I did.  Funny that.  Did inspire me to want to go back or at least find some delicious Greek food ASAP!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment