Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Review: 12 Bytes: How We Got Here. Where We Might Go Next

12 Bytes: How We Got Here. Where We Might Go Next 12 Bytes: How We Got Here. Where We Might Go Next by Jeanette Winterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

12 Bytes: How We Got Here.  Where We Might Go Next by Jeanette Winterson is a collection of 12 essays on tech and AI.  One of my favorite things about the whole book is how Winterson points out the oft overlooked contributions of women in the creation and evolution of technology.  I could read about Ada Lovelace all day (and have!).  I enjoy how she embraces technology while eschewing the way corporations may try to use it for their own interests and not necessarily for the good of humanity.  Zone Three about sex and love in the time of AI is fascinating.   I also had never really considered how Gnosticism might relate to these topics, but it makes total sense!  A great read for those who want to do some deep-thinking about what technology means to us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment