Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Review: Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem

Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem by Laurie Notaro
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem is a collection of humorous essays by Laurie Notaro.  As the title suggests, these are almost all about being middle-aged and specifically a middle-aged woman.  As I am now firmly in that demographic, I find myself asking the same thing Laurie does.  Why doesn't anyone tell you about what's it is like to get old?  The chapter, What's Happening?: A User's Manual for Your New Old Body, was absolutely spot on.  And here I thought I was the only one asking these questions....  If you are at the point in your life where your body also betrays you on a regular basis, read this for a little pick-me-up.  It won't make anything better, but laughing is the best way to get through it.

Bonus points for My Darling Girl.  Everyone should be so lucky to have a Maeby in their life. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment