Search This Blog

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Review: Livid

Livid Livid by Patricia Cornwell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Livid is the 26th book in the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell.  I always enjoy these books, so I would recommend reading them all.  If you don't have time for that, you could start from right here.  

This book was very personal for me.  I have a friend who was a victim of Havana Syndrome.  I saw what it did to her, how she has to adapt her life to cope with the after effects, how she suffers.  Ironic that I should pick this book to read the same week another report is released saying it wasn't an attack.  Maybe it wasn't.  It's hard to know someone who went through it and not be skeptical of the official reports.  Thank you Patricia Cornwell for writing a book that gives people an idea of the real suffering someone with Havana Syndrome experiences and also offering a very plausible (and scary) explanation for it.  Someone needed to say it.  

Bonus points for not shying away from talking about COVID in a world that is eager to pretend it never happened.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment