Search This Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Review: Midnight Is the Darkest Hour

Midnight Is the Darkest Hour Midnight Is the Darkest Hour by Ashley Winstead
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of Midnight is the Darkest Hour by Ashley Winstead from Sourcebooks via NetGalley as part of the C2E2 Book Club.  I'm not normally a book club person, but I have a ticket to C2E2 and figured why not get a free book to read.  

Midnight is the Darkest Hour was a really good choice for me.  It's very gothic with earth magic, strange symbols, and rituals.  I like stories of tiny religious sects and alternative Christian groups.  Is there something supernatural wreaking havoc on a devoutly Christian town, or is the answer something far more sinister?  Was there a deal with the Devil?  What makes a monster?  The answer may surprise you. Fans of Twilight may appreciate the love that series gets in this book.  If you aren't a Twilight fan, don't worry, it is not so much to distract from the rest of the story.  

Bonus points for putting the trigger warnings right at the front of the book for people who need them.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment