Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Review: The Turn of the Key

The Turn of the Key The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware is so much my kind of book that I could barely put it down even when I was so tired my eyes were watering.  Epistolary novels are my catnip, and the way this one starts out sucked me right in.  But it wasn't just the style of the novel that was so compelling.  The story, oof!  A young woman takes a job as a nanny at a remote estate that is rumored to be haunted.  Add in a "smart" house.  Creepy kids run amok.  A poison garden.  Are you sold yet? This is the best kind of mystery/thriller.  

Bonus points for including two dogs who were not essential to the story but gave me comfort when things got tense.      

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment