Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2019

Review: The Bees

The Bees The Bees by Laline Paull
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

People who know me well know my affinity for bees. No surprise a friend recommended this book to me. And unlike many books that may use bees in the title but not actually be about bees, this one is!

I didn't always love bees. I learned to love them from the stories of beekeepers. If you don't already love bees, you may learn to love them through this story. It is a great introduction to people who might be curious about bees but don't really want to read a nonfiction book about them.
Still not sold on bees? What if I told you it was a little Game of Thrones and a little Handmaid's Tale? If you like those types of books, you could enjoy this.

If you know bees and can suspend disbelief a bit, you can enjoy seeing the world through a bee's eyes. All the major parts of a bee's life are there. It really makes you think about the impact we have on bees.

The only thing I felt I could have done without was the first chapter and the epilogue. I could speculate why they were included, but I would have enjoyed the book without them. If the first chapter doesn't grab you, stick with to chapter two!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment