Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Review: City of Ghosts

City of Ghosts City of Ghosts by Shawn Kobb
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will admit to some bias when reading this book. I was working with the author in Vienna at the time that he was writing it. Though I bought the book when it was released, I have intentionally saved it until now because I wanted a little Viennese pick-me-up. I loved living in Vienna, and the author's descriptions took me back to my own time living in the neighborhood the book is set in. I could picture it vividly. I also appreciated the very accurate depiction of the Embassy and consular work. You don't see that very often in fictional representations. I enjoyed the details about coffee culture and the bits of German thrown in. It was a nice walk down memory lane. My only complaint is now I want to go back!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment