Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Review: Marrow Island

Marrow Island Marrow Island by Alexis M. Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I will tread lightly so as not to give too much away. As someone who leans towards the radical when it comes to the environment, there was a lot about this book that appealed to me. The main character is a pro-environment journalist capturing stories about those fighting to save us from ourselves. I was also intrigued with the ideas presented for using natural ways to combat man-made disasters. While the book suggests the Marrow Island Colony might be a cult, I wouldn't recommend this to someone looking for that kind of story. Not every commune is a cult. I found the book very compelling until the last maybe third hence the four stars instead of five. Instead of tying up the loose ends, I felt I was left with even more questions. The ending for me was not very satisfying.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment