Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Review: Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom

Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom by Sara Benincasa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It sounds weird to say I enjoyed reading a book about someone suffering from agoraphobia. Really suffering. I've known people with agoraphobia, but they never described what it was like. Sara Benincasa has a way of adding a touch of humor to what should be dark and depressing. This didn't diminish how deeply I felt for her clear agony. I could relate to wanting to hole up in my bed and avoid the world. Now I know what that would really be like. It is not nearly as cool as it sounds.

There was an odd bit towards the middle of the book that I thought might turn me off to the whole thing, but then turned around and got back on track. I'm not even going to repeat it here, but if you get to that bit and have the same reaction, just skip ahead a few pages.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment