Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Review: The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern

The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern by Lilian Jackson Braun
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like mysteries and cats. The author had the magic formula. I also enjoy the vocabulary Braun incorporates into the stories. The mysteries are not nail biters, but I still feel like I'm not reading pure fluff. Here is where I let you in on a little secret. I didn't research this series before I started it. I knew Lilian Jackson Braun was famous for her cat mysteries. I was a little surprised when I realized some of the language in book two felt very dated. Before writing this review, I looked up the publication date. 1967! Yep, the language is going to be dated. It is older than I am. Given how long I have to wait for these books to come off hold, it will be a long time before I reach a book that was published in the 2000s. If she is still using the same language by the late 90s, I might rethink my decision. For now, I'm going to accept the dated language and enjoy the cats and the light mysteries.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment