Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Review: Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman

Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman by Lindy West is read by Lindy West herself. Not surprisingly, I love this book as much as I love Shrill on Hulu. Lindy West is not going to be for everyone, but she is for everyone like me. I listened to the whole thing in one sitting.

If you've seen Shrill on Hulu, you will recognize some of the stories in this book. The show was based on it after all. Even when I don't agree with Lindy West, I appreciate that she speaks her mind. I also appreciate that she speaks up on issues that people would normally shy away from like rape and abortion.

She has a fantastic way with words. The only thing I regret about listening to this as an audiobook is that I couldn't highlight all my favorite passages!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment