Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Review: Text Me When You Get Home: The Evolution and Triumph of Modern Female Friendship

Text Me When You Get Home: The Evolution and Triumph of Modern Female Friendship Text Me When You Get Home: The Evolution and Triumph of Modern Female Friendship by Kayleen Schaefer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just listened to Text Me When You Get Home: The Evolution and Triumph of Modern Female Friendship written by Kayleen Schaefer and narrated by Lauren Fortgang.  I had heard good things, but I wasn't sure if I would really be into this book.  Do I really need to hear what someone else thinks about female friendships?  Don't I have enough personal experience in that area?  I was wrong.  This book made me reflect on the evolution of my own friendships.  Many of the anecdotes included were relatable.  Yet, I had never really stopped to analyze my own evolution the way Kayleen Schaefer does.   The fact that I usually can't be with my friends due to work, and now with COVID-19 restrictions, can't even meet my nearby friends made this resonate even more with me.  Friendships are important.  They are as important as familial and marital bonds.  If you are missing your friends, pick up this book right after you give them a call.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment