Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Review: The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl

The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl by Theodora Goss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl is the third book in the Athena Club series by Theodora Goss.  You don't necessarily have to read the first two books to enjoy this one, but I think it would really enhance your reading experience if you did.  This book is a culmination of the previous two, the big fight!  I'm not sure if this was always planned as a trilogy, but I hope there will be more.

Even though these books are about very young women in their teens and 20s, I love their stories.  I often forget they are so young.  They have so much pluck.  They are inspiring.  I also like that these books have a little bit of everything...adventure, mystery, romance, fantasy, humor, horror, supernatural...something for everyone.

They are extremely well-written in a style that incorporates multiple narrators.  Don't worry!  You will never be confused about who is telling the story.  I really like books that play with form.  Theodora Goss has found a style that really works and augments the main storyline.  

If you have young women in your life, this is a good series to introduce to them.    

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment