Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Review: Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle

Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook version of Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle written and read by Emily and Amelia Nagoski because that's what was available at my library.  It is the kind of book I would buy though so I could reference it again and again plus I would like access to the worksheets that are mentioned for the audiobook but not available through the library loan.  All of that said, whether you listen to or read it, there is valuable information for women in this book.  While other people may find the advice helpful, the Nagoskis are upfront that they wrote this for a specific audience because that was the audience the science they referenced used.  The biases of scientific research studies is a whole other book.    

I found the informal, conversational style of writing engaging and felt it makes the science feel accessible.  The examples given are simple enough that you don't have to wonder how you will try to make this work in your own life.  This book is not going to solve your problems.  Your life isn't going to be magically better for reading it but maybe it will suck just a little less for the effort.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment