Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Review: Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure:  I received an advanced reader's copy of Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin from Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group via NetGalley.  

Even if I hadn't received an advanced copy, I would have read this book.  Just from the description alone, I knew I was really going to love it or be terribly disappointed.  I was not terribly disappointed.  In fact, this may be my favorite book I've read this year.  The gaming world is the backdrop story, but it is really more about relationships.  One might even say it is about love, and maybe it is, but not in the way you'd think.  I delighted in being with these characters as they grow up.  I sobbed a couple of times.  I also had to stop and game sometimes.  

As a gamer, I loved all the gaming references.  Sadie, especially, plays many of my favorite games.  Shout out to Harvest Moon!  Even the fictional games mentioned had me wanting to get my hands on them.  I might finally have to break down and buy Animal Crossing, a couple years too late.

Bonus points:  I was in the Metropolitan Museum of Art gift shop today and saw a pillow with the Strawberry Thief on it.  That got me gushing about this book.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment