Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Review: Cold, Cold Bones

Cold, Cold Bones Cold, Cold Bones by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an advanced reader's copy of Cold, Cold Bones, the 21st book in the Temperance Brennan series, by Kathy Reichs from Scribner via NetGalley.  

If you were going to start the series anywhere else but at the beginning, I would say this is a good place for it.  For one, I think the books just keep getting better and better.  But also, this storyline pulls in many old cases so you'd get some background without having to do all the reading if you don't want to make a 21 book investment.  

With these books, I don't like to give much plot away.  We finally get more time with Katy, Tempe's daughter.  There's going to be a lot to unpack there in the future.  It is also a great opportunity to bring awareness to the struggles of returning veterans.  I appreciate that Tempe's approach to the whole situation isn't perfect from the get-go, but she learns from her mistakes as we all should.  

Bonus points: As always, for Birdie.  I don't know how the science will manage it, but I need Birdie to always be.  Now that I know Birdie's TV and movie preferences, I feel attached more than ever.  


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment