Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Review: Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems

Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems by Misha Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Those who know me know that I've participated in every Greatest International Scavenger Hunt (GISH) since 2015.  Clearly, I would follow Misha Collins to the ends of the Earth in order to spread compassion, creativity, and weirdness.  It comes as no surprise then that I would buy a copy of Some Things I Still Can't Tell You: Poems by Misha Collins.  Heck, I've used some of these poems for GISH items.  You don't have to be a fan to enjoy the poems.  They have a broad appeal.  There is humor, love, melancholy, humanity, and some weirdness.  I was surprised at the number of references to running.  "I AM THE RUNNING" may be my new running mantra. Black Cat and Leg Wrestlers are two of my favorites.  Leg Wrestlers encapsulates exactly how I felt trying to share a twin bed with a boyfriend in college.   Black Cat is a cautionary tale (tail?).

Short enough to read in one sitting but also possible to savor over a prolonged period of time.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment