Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Review: The Cool Side of My Pillow: A Book of Essays

The Cool Side of My Pillow: A Book of Essays The Cool Side of My Pillow: A Book of Essays by Bruce Campbell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm the type of person who will watch pretty much anything if there is a chance to see even a cameo of Bruce Campbell.  To said cameo, I will inevitably yell, "BRRRRUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!" at the top of my lungs and sit there with a stupid grin on my face until a few minutes after he has left the scream.  If he shows up again, see above.  That is also how I felt while reading The Cool Side of My Pillow: A Book of Essays by Bruce Campbell.  

This book is exactly what it says it is in the title, a book of essays...by Bruce Campbell.  While there are autobiographical elements, it is not an autobiography per se nor it is really a memoir except that it references memories.  If you are looking for more life/career details, read one of his other books.  They are also very good.

My main takeaway from this is that Bruce Campbell and I share similar opinions on many topics.    Maybe I have watched him on screen so much that he now lives rent-free in my brain.  No matter.  Some of the things we have in common:
-Midwestern upbringings
-We are both treehuggers.
-COVID-19 made us both wonder why we were doing so many dishes.  The answer is in this book.
-We both love to walk while being stuck in a world that caters to cars.
-Central Park is always a new experience no matter how many times you go.
-The perks of being a lefty.
-You can keep your background noise and your salt.

Bonus points: I have a friend who bikes Moab enough that I will tell him to keep an eye out for a stranded Bruce Campbell in the future.  We can't be having that happen again.  


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment