Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Review: The Death of Mrs. Westaway

The Death of Mrs. Westaway The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Death of Mrs. Westaway is my favorite novel by Ruth Ware so far!  I am working my way through her books in order, so I reserve the right to amend that statement in the future.  This book has a bit of a gothic feel to it.  I saw it was compared to Rebecca, one of my favorite books of all time, and I think the comparison is on point.  Very different storylines but a similar aesthetic feel.  

I loved the incorporation of tarot into the storyline.  Whether you believe in such things or not, the cards do have a way of helping you focus on answers you already know intuitively and want confirmed.  It made me want to go get a reading even though she basically tells you it's bunk.  Still fun.  

Bonus points for the mockingbirds.  So creepy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment