Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Review: Cackle

Cackle Cackle by Rachel Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't set out to read Cackle by Rachel Harrison in one sitting, but I did anyway.  Once I got going, I just didn't feel like putting it back down.  It's not that it is a thriller and you are dying to know what will happen next.  I just enjoyed being in this world so much I wanted to spend time there.  I guess this counts as horror but if you are looking for gore, this is not the book for you.  There are witchy aspects.  That's not a spoiler.  The title should be a clue.  It is really more about finding yourself and the power of real friendship.  At least, that's what I took away from it.   If that sounds too serious or literary fictiony, don't be turned off.  It is much lighter than that.  It is also about finding a really good cup of coffee and delicious baked goods.  These are keys to a good life.  

Bonus points for Ralph!  I have never wanted a pet spider so much.  I don't kill spiders anyway but now I will be checking to see if they are wearing cute hats.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment