Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

Review: The Invited

The Invited The Invited by Jennifer McMahon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Invited by Jennifer McMahon is a great ghost story.  When a couple give up big city living to move to rural Vermont and build their own home, they find they aren't the only ones feeling a strong connection to the land.  I felt this was also a bit of a cautionary tale for antique lovers.  Be sure you know the history of what you are bringing home!  I liked the different character perspectives and loved the idea of building your own dream home from scratch using repurposed items.  I would probably get too distracted by woodland creatures to ever finish, but that's just me.  Without giving too much away, I was surprised by a few things. I thought the story would go in a certain direction, and then I would be wrong.  That's always keeps the interest going.  Best to be read when camping.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment