Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Review: Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark

Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark by Cassandra Peterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I chose to read Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark by Cassandra Peterson, but I bet the audiobook version is great too. I couldn't help but hear Elvira's voice as I was reading along. It is so distinct, and I used to love to watch her show with my mom, a true horror afficionado.

Before picking up the book, I knew just a few bits and pieces of Cassandra Peterson's story outside of Elvira. I mostly knew that she was a strong animal rights advocate which made me love her and Elvira even more. And despite what people might thing based on appearances, I knew she was a feminist. All the other stories were new to me. Cassandra Peterson has had an incredible life. It would be worth a film of its own because she had an uncanny knack of happening upon amazing opportunities. Her career in Hollywood has survived much longer than most and with out major scandal. It's really impressive. Nobody will ever be able to replace Elvira, but we can aspire to be more like her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment