Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Review: The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls

The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I so enjoyed reading The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls by Julie Schumacher.  The format is an essay written for A.P. English.  I do love a nontraditional story format.  I am not a book club person at all, so I could relate to the apathy the girls have at being forced to participate in a summer book club with their moms.  That being said, the books they read are definitely some of my faves, and I loved the integration of the books into the overall story.  There is a little hint of a mystery but for the most part, it's a humorous, sometimes dark, story about one summer in the lives of four teenage girls.   If you like The Breakfast Club or Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, this could be a good fit.    

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment