Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2024

Review: Darkly

Darkly Darkly by Marisha Pessl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of Darkly by Marisha Pessl from Random House Children's Delacorte Press via NetGalley.

Don't be fooled by the young adult categorization of Darkly by Marisha Pessl.  This book can certainly be enjoyed by adults because I loved it!  Maybe I am biased because I have read every one of Marisha's books and enjoyed them all. I was so excited to get this one because it promised to be what I love about her work: dark, spooky, and intellectually stimulating.  I love a good puzzle and a good board game.  Combine the two and I am in heaven. Escape rooms, murder mystery parties, all of that stuff, yes please.  When a group of teenagers are selected to solve a mystery related to a lost board game by their favorite game-maker, they find themselves in a real life version of the game.  It is fantastic!  It will have you guessing about whodunnit and who can be trusted.  You might be surprised.  Highly recommend it to anyone who wants a spooky puzzle to solve without a bunch of gore. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment