Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Review: I Did Something Bad

I Did Something Bad I Did Something Bad by Pyae Moe Thet War
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received a copy of I Did Something Bad by Pyae Moe Thet War from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley.

Those who know me know I don't read much in the romance genre. Nothing against romance (I used to read it voraciously). I'm just in a different Era of my life now, and it hits different now. But, I Did Something Bad by Pyae Moe Thet War grabbed my attention for two reasons: 1) The book title is also a Taylor Swift song, and 2) it was billed as a mystery thriller with romance. I was ...ready for it! The title could have been a coincidence. After reading the book, I don't think it was.  I have reasons.  It definitely was a mystery thriller with romance.  That's the kind of romance I can read.  I also seem to have a thing for books about a journalist writing a piece on a celebrity, so there's that. I almost forgot I was reading a romance, and that is some of the highest praise I can give. 

Now here is the other reason you should read this book. It takes place in Myanmar!  Pyae Moe Thet War is from Myanmar.  This is not someone pretending they know what Myanmar is like. For me, it was fun to be taken somewhere new and given insight into a different culture.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment