Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2024

Review: The Saturday Night Ghost Club

The Saturday Night Ghost Club The Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson is an engrossing, fast read. It clocks in at about 222 pages. I burned through it on a flight. It falls under horror and mystery, but I found it to be really touching and appropriate for teenagers or adults. I would have loved to have had a family member who owned an occult store and took me on ghost hunts growing up.  I didn't quite have that, but my parents loved a ghost story, and my dad was a master at telling them. I think that added a layer to my enjoyment of this book.  Whether you believe in ghosts or not, people can be haunted in all different sorts of ways.  

In addition to the ghost stuff, I enjoyed the story of making friends when you are a bit weird and having that one friend that every adult thinks is a bad influence but that's just because they don't get why you are friends.  That was a really powerful side story.  This is great if you want some ghost stories but to still be able to sleep with the lights off.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment