Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Review: Rage: On Being Queer, Black, Brilliant . . . and Completely Over It

Rage: On Being Queer, Black, Brilliant . . . and Completely Over It Rage: On Being Queer, Black, Brilliant . . . and Completely Over It by Lester Fabian Brathwaite
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full Disclosure: I received an Advanced Reader's Copy of Rage: On Being Queer, Black, Brilliant . . . and Completely Over It by Lester Fabian Brathwaite from Penguin Group Dutton/Tiny Reparations Books  via NetGalley.

Although I am not queer or Black, the title, Rage: On Being Queer, Black, Brilliant . . . and Completely Over It by Lester Fabian Brathwaite, captured my attention and made me want to read this book.  As a middle-aged perimenopausal woman, I am quite acquainted with rage. This book gave me a new and different perspective on rage. Lester has plenty of reasons to have rage.  It is kind of funny that the underlying source of much of his rage is similar to mine even though we have very different life experiences.  I found myself saying, "You are so right about that!" many times. You have to read the book to find out what that source is.  

This book doesn't mince words and deals with topics that may make some people feel uncomfortable. Personally, I think it is good to challenge your thinking and open yourself up to new perspectives. There are things I will never truly be able to understand because I am not Black or queer, but I can get a better idea of where people are coming from with their own rage.  Thanks, Lester!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment