Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2019

Review: A Great Deliverance

A Great Deliverance A Great Deliverance by Elizabeth George
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listen to the podcast, What Should I Read Next? by Anne Bogel. Anyone who listens to that knows Anne LOVES this series and recommends it quite often. Based on that, I decided to try the first book in the series to see if it was for me. It wasn't hard to figure out why it is a big draw to a Jane Austen super fan.

The main character and his partner are the classic odd couple pairing. He's a handsome aristocrat who just happens to also be a skilled detective. She's a frumpy, grumpy CID washout. Watch what happens when you force them to work together!

The book is well written. The case is wrapped up by the end of the book but not too easy to solve. I didn't love the books as much as so many other people. For me, I need someone I like to keep me reading a series. In this case, I didn't really find that connection. However, I would recommend at least trying them too. I can see why they have mass appeal.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment