Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2019

Review: Sweet Girl

Sweet Girl Sweet Girl by Rachel Hollis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the series but could be read as a standalone. I read Party Girl quite awhile ago and the details were very hazy. It didn't impact my reading of this book.

Sweet Girl focuses on Max, the roommate/friend of Landon, the main character of the first book. If this book had been about Landon, I probably wouldn't have read it. I enjoyed Party Girl, but I didn't relate to Landon enough to want to read a whole series just about her. However, I did enjoy Max in the first book and was intrigued to learn more about her.

Not to give too much away, but there is a lot of food in this book, in particular, baked goods hence the "sweet." I love pastry, so this was just (forgive me) icing on the cake. The other thing I liked about this book is that while it is a fairly light read, it does take on some heavy topics in a way that I think some young women would find is true to their own lives. Sometimes you just need to read that someone else went through that too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment