Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Review: I Can't Believe It's Not Better: A Woman's Guide to Coping With Life

I Can't Believe It's Not Better: A Woman's Guide to Coping With Life I Can't Believe It's Not Better: A Woman's Guide to Coping With Life by Monica Heisey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I Can't Believe It's Not Better: A Woman's Guide to Coping With Life by Monica Heisey is a humorous collection of essays, lists and other writings.  The title immediately attracted me to this book.  That and the fact that the cover looks like a ransom note from a seriously unbalanced unicorn.  

Why is life not better?  That's an excellent question.  If you've been asking yourself the same question, this book is not going to give you the answer, but it might make you feel just a little less shitty than you did before reading it.  And really, isn't that the best we can all hope for at this point?  

As someone who was once gifted the box set of The Wire from a man who shall remain nameless (he knows who he is), I most appreciated "A Poem for Boys."

If you are uncomfortable with graphic talk of sex, I would suggest finding a different book.  Sex is not the only thing covered in this book, but Monica did kind of write about sex for a living, so you've been warned.  

Bonus points for the Simon Cowell obsession.  I am not obsessed (I swear), but he is really much nicer in person than on TV.  He also loves dogs tremendously, and I can get on board with that.  Also for being an unapologetic Cat Fancier.  That's me too!  


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment