Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Review: Meaty

Meaty Meaty by Samantha Irby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Meaty is a collection of essays by Samantha Irby.  I've said this before, but I just appreciate how much she says the things that are already in my head.  So much in common!  I probably have more highlights in a Samantha Irby book than in any other author's work.  Many of the essays are laugh out loud funny, but I also love how she tackles really tough topics.  I don't know many "humor" books that can also make me cry.  

If you like raw and unfiltered takes on life, you will want to give this book a read.  If you can't handle truth, bad language, or frank talk about sex, this is not the book for you.

Bonus points for always having the most adorable covers!  This one reminds me of my hedgehog, Netta.  Such a sweet baby girl.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment