Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Review: To Be Taught, If Fortunate

To Be Taught, If Fortunate To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To Be Taught, If Fortunate is a stand-alone story in the Wayfarer universe by Becky Chambers.  You don't have to be familiar with the Wayfarer series to read this book.  

I had just finished the Wayfarers series when I realized I still hadn't read this.  I love the Wayfarers universe, so this was a treat, one last chance to visit.  Much like the other books, the characters in To Be Taught are just good, nice people.  Nobody is an asshole.  So refreshing!  The book is written as a letter to Earth from Ariadne O’Neill, the captain (?) of a space exploration mission.  From the way it is set up, you don't know what prompts this particular communication, but it seems to be something dire.  When you do find out, it is heartbreaking and uplifting and will hit you in all your feels.  At least it did to me.  It also made me do some deep-thinking which is something I love from a book.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment