Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Review: Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide

Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Karen Kilgariff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I own an ebook copy of Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark by I opted to listen to the audiobook version.  Confession:  I'm a Murderino.  A Murderino is a fan of their true crime podcast, My Favorite Murder. You maybe guessed true crime would be an interest of mine based on some of the books I read.  The podcast taps into that while also being funny.  While this is not a review of their podcast, you should check it out if you are also into true crime.

I don't always recommend the audiobook over the written version, but this is one of the exceptions. 
 Maybe it is because I enjoy listening to them already that this was a delight.  The audiobook version is not very traditional.  Mostly read by Karen and Georgia, there is at least one surprise guest reader.  It is also interspersed with live readings of the chapters from their various live shows. SSDGM isn't just about true crime or the origins of the podcast.  It includes stories of Karen's and Georgia's lives prior to the podcast and how they came to true crime.  Even though they deal with dark topics, they are juxtaposed with humor so as not to leave you feeling completely bummed.

Fans of the MFM podcast, fellow Murderinos, will enjoy this book.  If you aren't familiar with the podcast, the audiobook will give you a good flavor of what it is like and maybe you too will find yourself becoming a Murderino.

Bonus points for including Elvis.  I tear up EVERY SINGLE TIME!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment