Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Review: Dear Mr. You

Dear Mr. You Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read and listened to Dear Mr. You written and narrated by Mary-Louise Parker.  This is a collection of letters written to the masculine figures, real and imaginary, in her life.  And by imaginary, I mean, she doesn't know them personally or in some cases yet although they may exist now or at some future point.  I really liked the letter format.  I love that she dedicated the book to her mom even though there is no specific letter to her mother.  You don't have to read them in any particular order.  You don't even have to read them all.  One of the letters was too intense for me to finish.  And while this was a new side of Mary-Louise Parker, I think it makes me appreciate her acting even more.  

Bonus points: My favorite letter was Dear Gem.  What a sweetheart!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment