Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Review: Have I Told You This Already?: Stories I Don’t Want to Forget to Remember

Have I Told You This Already?: Stories I Don’t Want to Forget to Remember Have I Told You This Already?: Stories I Don’t Want to Forget to Remember by Lauren Graham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook version of Have I Told You This Already?: Stories I Don't Want to Forget to Remember written and read by Lauren Graham.  I enjoy listening to Lauren Graham, but I am sure the book version is just as good if you prefer to read your books and not hear them.

Have I Told You This Already? is a non-linear collection of essays on various topics that Lauren Graham, as the title suggest, doesn't want to forget.  As I get older and the ole memory gets hazier, I can totally relate to this desire.  Yes there is a bit of memoir in here.  However, just as much could be said to be humorous observations of the world and especially the world of acting.  I really loved all the bits about New York.  I moved to NYC just before Barneys closed.  Now, I'm sad I didn't get a chance to experience it even if I probably would not have purchased anything there.  If you have enjoyed Lauren Graham in anything or enjoyed her previous writing, give this book a listen/read.  I think you'll like it.

Bonus points for Squirrel Signs.  I agree it is probably rare for someone to have three very personal experiences with three different squirrels in their life.  I'd count myself lucky! 

Extra bonus points for Mochi.  Such a special story.  I am glad it had a happy ending.  

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment