Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Review: Vox

Vox Vox by Christina Dalcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read Vox by Christina Dalcher in two days.  It had been on my "to be read" list since it was published in 2018, but I wasn't ready to read it then.  I wasn't sure  I was ready to read it now, but it had been on my list the longest, so I decided it was time to take the plunge.  I wasn't prepared for it to feel too possible.  In a real world where we see people's rights chipped away at every day, where women are proudly calling themselves "tradwives" and trying to turn back history, this book felt prescient.  Is it such a leap to think someone might have the brilliant idea to get America back on track by putting queer people in camps and making women wear smart bands that count the number of words they speak in a day?  We already willingly wear/carry things that track so many other aspects of our lives.  It felt an important reminder to read this as we approach another election.  It is a reminder that if you don't use your voice, you just might lose it.      

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment