Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Review: Marple: Twelve New Mysteries

Marple: Twelve New Mysteries Marple: Twelve New Mysteries by Naomi Alderman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Marple: Twelve New Mysteries is an anthology of new mystery short stories featuring Miss Jane Marple written by contemporary writers. My mother introduced me to Miss Marple through the black and white movies from the 60s shown on PBS when I was a kid.  I was hooked!  I wasn't hooked on Agatha Christie per se.  Hercule Poirot didn't have the same appeal as Miss Marple.  I was absolutely thrilled to learn that there  would be new Miss Marple stories written by some of my very favorite writers like Naomi Alderman, Kate Mosse, and Ruth Ware.  While all the stories feel like Miss Marple stories, they all also have the flavor of the person who wrote them.  I didn't necessarily need to see who wrote which one to guess who did.  As I edge closer to retirement, Miss Marple holds an even more special place in my heart.  I too might be solving mysteries in a small town very soon.      

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment