Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Review: Termination Shock

Termination Shock Termination Shock by Neal Stephenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Termination Shock by  Neal Stephenson came out, I went to his reading of it at The Strand in New York.  I felt like this is less of a thriller than he usually writes, but the research that went into it is top notch.  For anyone anxious about the climate, there is a lot in here to chew on.  I like that this takes on the climate change issue from the perspective of those who will lose their countries and homes to it. I feel like I know a lot about sulfur now.  I was hot just reading this book.  Sadly, there isn't one good solution because what might be a great solution for one set of countries can have a devastating impact for another.  Also, the Line of Actual Control storyline is bonkers.  A really interesting read for climate nerds.   

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment